Monday, June 20, 2016

PERDON......


Family, Friends, Brothers and sister in the Faith... Haha forgive me please forgive me my email was terrible last week ha-ha and I don’t have a whole lot of time either this week, but I’ll do my best, 

So last week we had a challenge teaching Epifanyo, because we were in a lesson with him and we were going good and all talking about the church in the times of Jesus Christ how it had Apostles and Prophets, but his son showed up and started listening to us and I was like alright that’s chill, but at the end of the lesson, his son Pedro, told us that he was Jehovah Witness, ahhh they are the best to ruin lessons and he started asking us all these questions and before we could answer he would ask another question, trying to confuse us and all and I got kind of fed up because we were filling the spirit with Epifanyo and this dude came up thinking he knows the bible cover to cover ha-ha, and he asked us a question like and what do you guys know about the dead people? And I just said Pedro can I ask you a question without offending you he said yes and I just said why do you care? and that kind of surprised him and he didn’t know what to say ha-ha and he just said well just to know, and I told him Pedro if you already know the answer to your questions why are you asking us questions if you already know the answer, and that kind of kept him quiet and we were able to finish the lesson but ahhhh, Jehovah witness drive me crazy sometimes, So we are still working on that poop pit for the sister in our branch and turns out one of her pigs is dying, haha she asked us to give him a blessing and I’m like Sister you can’t do that and she’s like why not elder? well first of all he needs a name haha and we decided to put it Yuri Muni which in the Indian language Mayo here means White Bean ha-ha we put it because the pig is a white pig and he likes beans, but we didn’t end up giving him a blessing. we were able to find a sister named Xochitl, her daughter is member and saw is in the street and came running at us and said that we have to go and visit her mom because she isn’t a member we wrote her name and address down fast and the next day we went, turns out this sister has listened to the missionaries before but hasn’t been baptized because of her husband... but we invited her to be baptized but she is really skeptical? i think is the word she isnt sure but we are going to be helping her get ready for baptizm and help her obtain her answer to her prayers, so two Saturdays ago was a really fun day so that really far town that we go to visit Las Guayabas willl that 45 minute bike ride was a long one, mainly because it wasn’t a bike ride but a bike walk, ahhh my tire blew up half way there! ahhh its because it gets so hot here and the trail isnt all that good and the tire got super-hot and bam! so I walked my bike to the little town and we went with Fernando and his family (that are planning the baptism this week) and they helped me out a ton, Fernando hoped on his motorcycle, and went to another town to look for a bike tire, and they gave us breakfast and water because we didn’t get to eat breakfast because las Guayabas is far away and we have to leave early in the morning, I truly do love that family so much and I have loved seeing there reactivation and this week the baptism of Jesus done by his Dad Fernando!! this week that just passed was a cool week we found a guy named Carlos he is a friend of the second councilor in the branch and he told us he wanted to visit him, so we went by and turns out he is really receptive and has a big desire to learn and to change, and he reads the pamphlets and all that we give him and its super cool, but the challenge with Carlos is that he works a lot he is a brick layer, mechanic, and other things, but he works a lot and he told us that he works Sundays, but that his friend who is member told him that he shouldn’t he asked us why we shouldn’t work Sundays and we explained to him that Our Father In Heaven gave us the example when he made this world that he worked 6 days and rested the 7 giving us the example to do the same, he understood it really well :)  and said that he would go to church :) he also accepted a baptismal date for the 9 of July we are going to work really hard with him but he didn’t go to church this Sunday for the same reason of work, we are going to go with him tomorrow to talk about it. Well this week i think Pedro the son of Epifanyo made him scared of us because he always hides from us, but no worries we are going to keep looking for people, and hopefully we won’t have any problems with the Jehovah Witness. So we are still working on the poop pit and the tubes are finally coming together!! whoo we almost got it done we are going to work on it tomorrow with some members that decided to help us :)  So just a quick funny story we went with  a sister less active and she offered us some tacos and we asked if before eating we could say a prayer, and this sister lives with 3 of her granddaughters and they are about Nolan’s age and super funny and rebellious but we were saying the prayer, and i had my plate in my lap and I heard something move on my plate so i opened an eye in the prayer and realized that one of the granddaughters had gotten closer to me and was eating the meat from my taco in the prayer, hahaha, I just laughed after the prayer haha and she ran off after the prayer, it was super funny but Family and Friends please pray for Fernando we are worried that he will have to work this week and won’t be able to baptize his son please pray that he will be free this end of the week and that the baptism will be brought about, also pray for Carlos so he can keep the Sabbath day and that Xochitl can receive an answer :) I love you guys so much and thanks for everything
Love Elder Tanner 

Happy Father’s Day to the best Dad I love you so much Dad thanks for all that you have taught me through your example I love you 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment