Monday, October 12, 2015

Eating Jalapeños, Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner


Hello family how are we doing?Sounds like a ton is going on right now, I’m kind of struggling to type on the computer right now, because I’m eating Doritos with one hand and typing with the other haha. my love for Doritos still hasn’t changed but the Doritos yes because the Doritos here are spicy they don’t have the original nacho cheese flavor its nacho cheese with Chile’s haha super good but a lil spicy, wow I haven’t really talked about the food here in a while, but I’ll just say it how it is the food here is super good, I’ve got a good little tummy growing haha, I’ve also gotten use to eating spicy food I’m not completely converted but I’m getting there haha, cant say that I don’t miss moms cooking because I do. I find myself drooling thinking about her casseroles or candy chicken or peach cobbler haha, but no the food here really is good :), 

That’s super cool that for mutual Payton got to go shooting haha, hopefully he will get to be as good as I am ;), This week was pretty good we had a lot going on haha, but it was a good week, at the start of the week, Tuesday our air conditioner broke in the morning :( and so it got a little hot in the house haha but I tried fixing it... turns out I should have spent more time in Triple T....haha, but we got it all fixed, also this day we got attacked by our landlords dog!! Flipping dog is crazy!! He is always super chill when we  pass by him but this one time we passed and he flipped out on us and I screamed like a girl running towards a tree trying to climb it haha, and my comp freaked out ran for a rocking chair on the patio of our land lord and was about to crush the dog haha but we ended up retreating to the house, but when we left we left with umbrellas as protection haha super funny, but scary too, also this week we had our zone conference!! whoo so we got to get together as a zone and have some good trainings, we talked a lot about the family history work, and it was super cool, I got to share my story about john tanner and Zera Pulsipher and everyone thought it was pretty cool, but I wish I would have done more family history work!! haha its super cool and we truly can find out who we are when we look for who are family was, I would like to invite all of you to do a little bit a family history work, it truly is such a blessing to be in the church with the power of priesthood to do this work and save our ancestors, in a talk I heard from Jeffrey R Holland he said that when we do family history work we are acting as saviors for our ancestors who have died without a knowledge of this gospel because literally we are saving them and their soul, I know that the family members who died with a knowledge and testimony of this gospel are working super hard  right now to convert those who weren’t converted in this life but they need our help!! so let’s get er done and get working!!! I promise that if we do it we will see the blessings in this life, but even more in the next!! :) We got to have an awesome lesson with Michel this week! we taught her about the plan of salvation, it truly is one of my favorite lessons it helps understand who we are where we come from and what our goals should be in this life, I’m so grateful for my parents that taught me this since I was a kid, I still remember the long nights as a little kid always worrying about death and what happens after and I remember the talks with my mom and dad and the comfort they gave me and the lessons they taught me about the plan of salvation and how this is not the final life, many people think we come to this world to die, but the plan of god is bigger than that we come to this earth to live, obviously we have to die, but that is such a small part in the plan of God or but the family picture is to live forever and that is possible thanks to what Christ did for us! That’s why the message is called plan of salvation or plan of happiness! we taught Michel about Adam and eve and its always a little hard to teach this message because there are so many people that have different ideas about this principle and they are always kind of different but we followed the spirit and we taught it super good and she understood and then we talked about her baptism and she gladly accepted and said she is super excited for her baptism and her parents invited us over for cake and tacos for the birthday of my companion :) we are super stoked and she came to church yesterday and it was super awesome!! :) Please keep praying for her that she will keep being excited and preparing herself for her baptism and that her parents will approve it :) I know that prayers are heard and answered!! This work is true and I’m so grateful to be a missionary I see the hand of the lord in our lives so much and I’m definitely not perfect but no one is, we just have to be continually trying to be better and the perfection will come later I love you guys so much and hope you are all doing well, I invite you guys to read  3 Nephi 14:24-27  and think about how you guys can listen to the messages of conference and live them and not just listen to them but live them so that we have a house or (life) built upon the rock of Christ :) 

I love you guys have an awesome week :) 

Love Elder Tanner 

No comments:

Post a Comment