Monday, October 19, 2015

Patience

Hey Family :) 

How's it been this week, that's crazy that Payt went to Texas all by himself haha holy smokes kid has got some guts :) well Mom I hope you had an amazing birthday, and I'm so pumped to hear about my new nephew or niece!! haha. I have got one amazing family, and I'm so grateful for the example of all you guys, haha but really I have been so blessed with the people that God has put in my life and the examples and help they have been for me thank you so much everyone for your love and patience with me haha :) 
 
This week was pretty good, I was able to give a training Tuesday in our district meeting, and it went really good actually one of the best I have given and we were able to make goals as a district, but the coolest part is that they were big goals but we achieved them this week!! It was super cool to see the excitement and cheer in the district :) I have learned so much in the mission and I am so grateful for this calling that the Lord has given to me, I am so blessed :) 
We were able to teach quite a few new people this week and we are super excited to see how they progress, we were able to keep teaching Michel this week and she learns so fast!! haha its crazy a lot of the times she's one step ahead of us haha its pretty crazy she is reading in the book of Mormon and its awesome, and she truly has a desire to follow Jesus Christ she has had a lot of problems that she told us, but is looking for the happiness in the gospel of Jesus Christ, and she knows its here because she has felt it through the holy ghost our heavenly fathers messenger :) a messenger of the truth and one who testifies that God and Jesus live and they love us and that Jesus is the Christ that the atonement that he did for us is infinite and without end and we can be clean if we come unto him with broken hearts and a contrite spirit we will feel the love of our Savior and Father who want the best for us :)

Her parents even invited us to eat steak tacos with them and we went and it was pretty good :) we weren't able to talk about Michel's baptism with them but, we are going to talk with them this week :), she didn't go to church this week.... :( we are super sad we don't know why but we are thinking its because her aunt had a baby shower Sunday, but we are going to try and go and visit her right now to see what's up, but we are going to try and stick with the baptismal date for this Saturday and get the approval of her parents, please pray for her that she can act good and respect her parents this week and can be baptized Saturday, also please pray that her parents will support her and give her permission to be baptized this Saturday :) we need your prayers :) thank you guys so much. 

I wanted to take a little bit of time to tell you guys about a video I just watched from the church I'll give you guys the URL in this email and I hope that you guys can see it and think about how we can put into practice the patience in our life and be more forgiving people, Its interesting how the father is always calling the son in the video and never gives up on him, I think its a symbol of our Heavenly Father he always calls us but lots of times we don't listen to his councils, my invitation is that we can all listen to the voice and counsels of our Heavenly Father. He talks to all of us in different ways but is always talking with us, I know he loves us, and I hope that in every situation of our lives we can be loving, forgiving and patient like our Father in Heaven is, think of all the times that we have upset him yet he still forgives us and reaches out to help us, how beautiful would it be if we can learn and live this principle of patience, patience is a key attribute in this life that is why it is one of the attributes of Christ it is an attribute of the Celestial kingdom and if we learn to use it in this life we are preparing ourselves for the next life, and we are acting more like our Heavenly Father, always try to see people through the eyes of our Heavenly Father and who these people are, they are our brothers and sisters and sons and daughters of our eternal father, I know that Our Father loves us, and wants us to love each other I love you guys so much and I'm sorry if I have ever offended anyone, I love you all so much, and I know that our Father in Heaven and our brother Jesus Christ love us :)  


Love Elder Tanner

No comments:

Post a Comment