Monday, November 23, 2015

The Weekly Tanner


Hello everyone :) How's it going ha-ha I'm so sorry for the letter last week I know that it was super bad, haha but this is going to be a good one, A lot of stuff has happened in these two weeks, I really don't know where to start, but I think I'm going to start with last week and work my way up to today, 

Last week in church we had to give talks all the missionaries in the ward I chose to talk about tithing, it is really kind of a struggle here, the bishopric told me to be direct with them.... And I was very direct haha, I learned a lot too as I was studying about tithing it truly is a commandment of God to try us of our faith, but it is the commandment that has a direct promise and that is to have food in our house, sounds like a good promise to me ;) haha but other than that I talked about how it is a test to see if we can support the trial of faith and give what we earn, but we have the promise that if we do we will be given the eternal life and be able to live in the presense of God. I told them that if we can not live this earthly law how will we be able to support the celestial laws, we truly have to prepare ourselves for the kindom of heaven through obedience to all the laws and commandments and paying tithing is one of the ways that we can do that :) I'm so grateful for the example of my parents who have always taught me to pay tithing first and then a toy from the toy store or a cheeseburger from Glades ;) we have truly seen the blessing through our desrie to obey this commandment :) and my ancestors also through the example of John Tanner.

We had The family Garcia Rios show up last sunday, they came even though the husband had DENGUE!! he really wanted to come they got there late but they came! even though they were sick it was so cool, and they loved it! It is truly such an amazing familiy!! we are so blessed to have found them the Family Garcia Rios has 5 people in it Hector, Claudia, and 3 Daughters, I'm going to talk about them a little bit later... 

But last sunday something super crazy happened, we got a call from the sisters, and they told us that their converts in the ward had just lost their son and they needed help and the mom needed a blessing it was super sad we went speed walking to the house of the family and found the sisters there. They told us that the son who was just 23 years old was attacked and killed the night earlier. They took him off  his motorcycle and cut his neck , we had no idea what to say we were astonished that it had happened they told us that the family was super sad, they had the casket in the house because they do funeral services a little different here, they don't have services in a funeral home. They take the casket to their house and they have the viewing their, so we got into the house and it was packed with people crying, yelling and all sorts of stuff praying, singing, but we found the mom in her room, trying to cry herself to sleep, we asked her if she would like a blessing and she said yes. We gave her a blessing and her 3 other kids and her husband too, it truly was such a sad scene this young man had a wife and a 2 year old son, it was super sad to see them she was having a really hard time, but as we were waiting to give a blessing to the family members I was just waiting and thinking and I saw lots of people yelling crying, making prayers from the catholic church, and alot of people were drinking, It made me feel super grateful, I had never seen a funeral like that, but thats how they are for people who aren't members of the church, death is the end, and all they can do is drink cry and pray to take the pain away, my testimony was strengthed a lot in that moment, I know that the plan of salvatoin is real and true and that there is life after this life, I'm so grateful for the Book of Mormon that gives us the fulness of the gospel and the knowledge of the resurection and life after this life, I know that we are eternals that death is nothing but a small part in the plan of God, it is not the end, the end is to have eteranl life and to be with God, and I know that this is possible thanks to what our older brother and savior did for us, how grateful I am for the plan of Happiness, the Plan of Redemption, I know that death is not the last part in the plan of God and I know that families can be eternal and I know that they will, We were able to promise blessings and give peace to the family through the blessings that we gave and they were truly comoforted, I also know that we have angles working with us and protecting us, because I talked with the sisters and asked where he was attacked and they told us in a neighborhood called Tepeyac, that is one of the our areas its an area super dark, and lots of people have told us to be super careful in this area and not to be there at night because there isn't any light you are just walking on dirt roads in pure darkness, and we were actually in this area just 3 hours before he was attacked, nothing has ever happened to us and I know that we are super protected, its because of all the prayers you guys have made thank you for all your prayers, please be praying for this family as they are passing through this hard time its the family Eduarte. 

Well aside from that it was a good week, we were able to keep teaching the Family Garcia Rios it truly is a golden family they always have awesome questions for us and they learn so fast. They went to church this week again, and with their 3 daughters. Their daughters went to primary and loved it!! it was so cool, I know it sounds super femine but I dont care haha it truly is a beautiful family and its so cool to see them creating stronger bands in their family and we are super exctied to see their progression and when the time comes their baptism! and then their sealing in the temple, but one step at a time. The only problem with them is that the dad works our of town}, well out of state haha, he works out of state for 20 days and is only with his family here for 10 days and so he can't go to church as much, nor can we teach him as much :( so we can't really put a baptism date with him because we dont know when he will be in town, its hard because the transfers are coming up and we dont know what will happen but what ever happens I'm super happy that they are growing in the gospel and that this family will gain lots of blessings through our work, if I'm not able to be in the baptism I will definatly be in the sealing!! ;), I'll be sure to send pictures next week of the family they are soooo cool!! :) We were also able to reactivate a sister in the ward!! Reactivating someone is the same as baptising someone you just dont have water haha but she is super cool and yesterday was her 5th Sunday back and she is now reactivated!! whooo haha :) I was able to study in the Book of Ether this week and it truly is such a cool story about the civilization, and how much faith they had at the start to get in the barges and cross the seas, only being lead by the hand of the Lord, lots of times we think that the Lord will solve our problems }, but we have to a lot of times climb the mountain with our rocks and simply the Lord will touch our rocks (lives) and give us light and hope, I know the church is true and that faith is the first principle of the gospel because it is what we need to have a testimony and not only believe but act according to our faith :) I love you guys so much and I'm super sorry for my english, haha but I hope that more than anything I
can help you guys feel the spirt and your testimonies grow, I Love you guys Keep praying and Keep studying we are all missionaries and we are all in the field :)

Love Elder Tanner 

 
I say that my companion is like a little bear because when its "cold" here he gets sleepy and he likes to eat a lot ha-ha MI OSITO 

No comments:

Post a Comment