Monday, January 11, 2016

El Dia De Los Reyes

Hello everyone :) 

I hope everyone had an a good week, sounds like everyone had to get back to the "grind" School, Work, Play ;) ha-ha, well the work doesn't ever come to a stop here, but that's alright because I love it :) Work hard and... Work harder ;) so you guys heard about the "Chapo Guzman" ;) ha-ha pretty crazy right ha-ha I actually know the Elders in that area where he was caught, heard that there was a ton of gun fire super crazy, but also ha-ha its been said that he was here in our area before heading down to Mochis, I have talked to a lot of people that say that they knew him, ha-ha super crazy but its funny because the people here love him, they love him more than the president of Mexico ha-ha, because the Chapo always buys them food and is good for the little towns, but no worries he's now in a super safe place ha-ha ;) 

Besides that its been a pretty good week because we were able to celebrate El Día de los Reyes, pretty cool, we bought a cake and all and were able to celebrate that a little bit :)  

Pretty crazy story that happened this week was that we saved a mans life, we were heading to lunch with a member one day, but we passed the house of less active member that's on the way to where we were going to eat, and I felt like that we should check on the family, and my companion agreed to, we stopped by and found the father outside just walking around we asked if we could share a message with him and he seemed a little shaken up we didn't know why but we testified and talked about the importance of the family and the role of a father and he talked to us about all the problems that he has been having in his life, so we explained how the Gospel isn't just for spiritual matters but to help us with our physical or temporal matters and problems, he felt a lot better and was willing to offer the closing prayer, we got to the lunch late but we felt better, as we were eating, someone came to the door of the house crying and it was the less active brother that we had just barely taught, the father of the house where we were eating left and talked with him and later informed us that we had saved his life, because before we knocked on his gate he was preparing to kill himself, and was tying the knot to do what he was going to do  but the message we shared gave him a lot of hope  and made him feel better and he was super grateful and really emotional, I cannot express how grateful I am for the love our Heavenly Father has for us in giving us the gift of the Holy Ghost to guide us protect us and help us, and also be instruments in his hands to bless and help his children ask in prayer everyday for the amazing gift and companionship of this amazing personage and member of the God head, The Holy Ghost :)   
 
We were able to have quite a bit of success this week we worked super hard to be able to find new investigators :) and it paid off because we found a lot so we are going to be working with them in this week, and we are super pumped to see how they progress, ha-ha but I'm not going to lie ha-ha it was kind of an interesting week this week because never in all of my areas have I seen or heard from so many people be so confused about the importance of a having a church, ahh it is so frustrating, really you don't know how ticked, sad, upset, frustrated I get when someone tells me that its not of important to have a church, because the church is your heart, YOU are the church, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh haha my comp has had to hold me back a couple times from people like these, naw I'm joking but I really do get frustrated because, its normal that once in a while in a week, but literally about every person that we talked to has told me that ha-ha, because they have grown up with the idea that God is a changing God that lets us do what we want how we want, of course we have a loving Heavenly Father that has given us our agency but that does not mean that we can take our own path in life to be able to return and live with him, Jesus Christ said I am the way and the life, and we know and testify that when Christ was here, he established his church a church organized of Prophets, Apostles and the Holy Priesthood of our Heavenly Father, That is the way and there is no other way but it makes me so sad knowing that the people have been taught different about our Heavenly Father. It truly goes to show that in these later days people have Created God according to their wants and desires, I probably don't make any sense but I hope that we all understand the importance to have a Church, but not any church a church with our father in heaven and Brother Jesus Christ at the head with Apostles and Prophets governing the church, I know that this is the only true church, I know that Thomas S. Monson is a living Prophet and is a guide for us. I know that his council is what we need in these days to be protected and live happily and have an eternal family. Don't take things casual this is the Church of our older Brother. Let us live, act, and share this message, I also know that just because this path is the right path doesn't mean that its full of cake and flowers, but filled with bumps, holes and thorns, but our Heavenly Father has given us tools and things to be able to overcome these obstacles, Prayer, Scriptures, and going to the church every week to take the sacrament will truly protect us and help us over come any obstacle, Let us be happy and Cheerful in all things while we are in this path of enduring to the end, Never forget what is at the end of this path, a loving Heavenly Father with Arms open and a Eternal family, Press Forward in the path with Faith in our Heavenly Father and his Son Jesus Christ and a love for God and all men (2 Nephi 31:19-20) I love you guys so  much and I know this is the True church and correct path and I'm so grateful to be able to share it and also to have my family in this path with me. 

Sorry for the long email but I truly have seen the blessings and the importance of being in the right church and my testimony has grown so much in the mission, I love this gospel and I love my Savior, thank you for your prayers and love.
Love Elder Tanner 

No comments:

Post a Comment