Monday, August 10, 2015

Week One With Elder Vaca

How’s it going everybody :) sounds like everything is going just dandy at home with you all :) School is getting started, that’s so crazy that Payton and Syd are going to be seniors and juniors, I really can’t believe it like my little brother is going to graduate this year!!!! That is so crazy!!! but I want you all to know how proud I am of you guys and how happy I am to call myself a Tanner I’m so grateful for the examples of my brothers and sisters, and the friends they have been to me all my life, even when I was super weird and annoying haha ;) I love you guys a lot and I know that whatever you guys do you’ll do it good :) I’m so grateful also for the parents that have raised me taught me and been my biggest examples I love you guys so much :) 
That’s cool to hear that a bunch of the friends of Payt and Syd are starting their missions up that’s super cool :) I’m sure that they will do great. 
Today was pretty cool we got up and went to play basketball, soccer, and ultimate Frisbee in the church court with some elders in our zone, haha super fun to get out and play a little haha, it’s kind of funny because I used to be a lil fast kid, but now I’m just a lil chubby plump running around trying not to die from lack of air haha, but it was super fun and that we went to eat at this salad bar, I didn’t really want to go to a salad bar but the Elders convinced me and it was pretty good, actually really good haha :)  
This week was super awesome!!! my first week with my new companion and son, and I got to tell ya he’s a good kid haha, he has been a member all of his life, when he was a little kid he got shocked by a telephone pull and he got burnt super bad he showed me the scars and they are pretty sweet haha they’re huge on his legs and stuff then I told him how one time my little brother through a pitch fork into my foot and I thought I was going to die haha ;) but he is a good kid and really willing to work! And we actually had quite a bit of success this week :) we were able to contact a lot of people and find new investigators and I’ll be talking about some of them here in a little bit :) We also had a zone conference this week and it was pretty good, the mission wants us to work more with youth to invite them to seminary at 530 in the morning!! we have it so good in Utah please now how cool seminary is and take advantage of have a class in the day to learn about Heavenly Father and his son Jesus Christ it truly is a blessing, 
Well some of the people that we got to know this week is: 
Guadalupe Verdugo and her family, they are super cool, we contacted her in front of her house me and elder Hutt but we never went back so we decided to visit them the other night and she was with a lot of her family, and usually when there is a lot of family we choose not to teach them because it’s hard to teach a lot of people, or they get mad because they are having family time but I was like ahh I don’t care were going to do it so we went up to her and her family and we are talking like 8 people on the front porch and we asked if we could teach them and they were super relaxed and listened and it was awesome it was my comps first lesson he was a little nervous but he did good :) then we went back the other day and we taught them a little bit and then the mom invited us to eat and she made us food and she said whenever you guys need anything your house is here with us if you need anything she is such a nice lady and we hope that this week she goes to church with her family :) 
Carmina and her 3 kids we found about her from a family in our ward and we went to teach them and had an awesome lesson, her kids names are American names because her husband is working in north Carolina right now and they really like the American names their names are Kevin, Brian, and Madelyn its super cool and after the lesson I saw a tramp on the side of their house, and I was like Sister it’s been like a year since I jumped on a tramp can I jump, and she let me and my comp jump haha it was super fun, and then her kids showed up and we started jumping and it was super cool, and we made a good relationship with her kids when we finished there like ELDERS ELDERS! WHEN WILL YOU COME BACK?! haha it was super cool, were going to visit them again this week and hopefully they can all go to the church :) were going to bring the sister that gave us their direction to invite them to church with her, also they all thought it was cool that I could do a backflip haha, 
And guess what?! MARICELA AND NACHO CAME BACK TO CHURCH!!! We went and visited them and found out that they kinda freaked out that one time and didn’t want to listen to us was because their neighbors were saying bad stuff about our church but we helped them understand that the stuff wasn’t true and they said they wanted to go to church and they went!!! It was so great! And the members helped them to feel at home and it was awesome! 
Please Family and friends will you please pray for these amazing people, pray that they can know that these things are true, that the church is true and can have the desire  follow our Savior Jesus Christ, and go to church and be baptized please if you could do that it would be amazing i know that prayers are heard and i know that your prayers can help them and thank you guys so much please know how grateful i am for your prayers and love please be safe this week and i know that I love you guys so much 
Love Elder Tanner 
Be Mormon 
Be Happy 
Keep Smiling 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment